Written By: Maggie Brown (maggiethe_journalist)
As an adult, being able to prioritize yourself and your well-being sometimes falls to the bottom of your list to-do list.
By the time you’re done working, running errands, or taking care of your parental responsibilities, you are either too tired to cater to yourself or you have run out of available money and resources to do so.
You’ve probably seen the viral video’s: I Ain’t Stressin’ Today so we wanted to make sure you know 10 ways not to stress below.
Here are 10 self-care tips you should try ….
1. Buy yourself a boutique of flowers each week. – If you’re a flower lover, having a fresh boutique weekly will likely bring you joy.
2. Treat yourself to a mani/pedi bi weekly. – Something as small as a new nail color could boost your confidence and make you feel joyful .
3. Book a monthly massage or facial from your favorite esthetician. – Getting a chance to relax and rejuvenate after a long work week is something we all need.
4. Book a solo trip or a stay-cation at your favorite hotel for a weekend. – A quick getaway to recharge and disconnect from the world for a few will leave you feeling amazing. Bringing your favorite person or pet along is optional.
5. Indulge in your favorite hobby. – Being able to do something that you thoroughly enjoy doing can give you a feeling of self satisfaction. Take that cooking class, go to yoga, or paint if that’s what you enjoy. You won’t regret it.
6. Journal / release your thoughts. – I know it’s a bit cliche, but writing out your inner thoughts and processing them one by one can be just the stress reliever you need.
7. Go out for a night on the town. – Going out with your friends or spouse for a night of fun and laughter is highly recommended. Sometimes we just need to be around other adults.
8. Create a gratitude jar. – This is an unconventional practice that can have a positive effect on your mental health.
9. Exercise – It has been proven that exercise of any kind is great for your mood and health. Staying healthy is always apart of the plan.
10. Simply do NOTHING. – That’s right, take a day and free your schedule to do absolutely nothing at all. It all can wait until tomorrow.
Whatever self-care tip you decide to use, just make sure you enjoy yourself and relax. You deserve it! Also tag us on @include.us on Instagram