Written By: Maggie Brown (maggiethe_journalist)
We have witnessed numerous companies from various industries undergoing layoffs lately, but the media and tech sectors seem to have been affected the most.
As part of their efforts to stabilize their budgets in preparation for the anticipated economic downturn, Amazon has eliminated 9,000 positions, while Disney has cut 7,000 jobs in their recent layoff announcements.
It may appear disheartening, but there’s no need to lose hope. Several companies are still seeking suitable candidates to fill various positions at all levels.
Here are a few jobs that are hiring.
Warner Brothers is looking for an Analyst, Partner Services
- Salary: $62,797/yr – $116,624/yr
- Description: The Analyst, Partner Services is part of a team that is responsible for the communications and administration of our robust and legendary title library across digital transactional platforms worldwide to meet and exceed the company’s goals and objectives. The Partner Services team proactively executes the distribution business plans for Warner Bros, HBO, Turner and Discovery content in our rich catalog. The Analyst’s role will be to help to execute key tasks supporting internal and client-facing processes involving the clear and timely communications of license agreements by title / channel to digital platforms inclusive of rights and pricing.
Service Now is looking for a Performance Engineer
- Salary: $98,00/yr – $152,00/yr
- Description : The Performance Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on Performance and instance availability. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
TikTok is looking for a IT Support Engineer
- Salary: $83,093/yr – $148,411/yr
- Description: They are seeking an IT Support Engineer to help us grow our IT environment. The IT Support Engineer is the first contact for end-user who will lead a team that acts as IT business partners. This team is focused not just on resolving incidents – but to find underlying problems and develop long term solutions.
CNN is looking for a Technical Manager
- Salary: $85,045/yr – $157,941/yr
- Description: The CNN TD plays the lead role of the live control room team. A TD is responsible for supervising the control room technical crew during a fast paced 24-hour live news environment and executing the direction and vision of show director and producer. Switching fast paced productions seen throughout the world across CNN’s global networks. Firsthand experience partnering with some of the best directors in TV news. Act as crew chief and technical lead assigned to the production staff productions. Ability to offer creative suggestions that enhance show productions. Collaborating with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed. Organizing and maintaining switcher layout and other auxiliary equipment associated with TD area. Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video workflow throughout CNN networks. May be called upon to simultaneously direct small to mid-level live and taped segment/shows.
NBC News is always hiring Digital, Sales & Marketing Support go here
- Look Up Salaries : $75,000/yr – $125,000/yr
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is looking for a Reporter, Breaking News
- Salary : $20/hr – $25/hr
- Description : In this role you will show an ability to write clean, concise copy on a tight deadline where every minute counts in beating the competition. An intense interest in politics and an ability to recognize news quickly will go a long way in the job. As with any breaking news role, this job includes weekend and night hours.
Peacock is hiring a Marketing Manager (NYC)
- Develop and own consumer-centric content acquisition journeys and tactics for web and mobile web